We know that in order to truly transform life chances and create independence for our learners then their learning experiences must lead to future opportunities which will enable them to thrive in a variety of working and learning environments. In practice this means that:
- When we learn at The Corner School we explore all aspects of an area of learning, including how the learning will help learners thrive as they getting older.
- We learn across subject areas, from initial enquiry through to presentation to a variety of authentic audiences.
- We engage in relevant work that really matters.
- We ensure that learners can forge their own, personalised pathways to career, further study and independence.
- We create nurturing but challenging learning experiences which enable learners to progress and succeed beyond their own expectations.
We look for engaging ways of introducing and expanding learning.
We know from our experience of working with children that finding the key is a crucial ingredient in improving attitudes to learning for children who have not had positive experiences of learning in the past. We look for engaging ways of introducing and expanding learning which give learners a reason to engage and enjoy their learning.
Our team is creative in their approach to finding and building on keys with learners. Our multidisciplinary approach enables learners to successfully engage in a broad range of experiences where they can thrive. This can be based on:
Finding The Key
In our school, we believe that each young person holds the key to unlocking their own potential.